Tuesday, August 29, 2017

We're Off to See the Dragon.

I'm only sort of being metaphorical.

No real entry this week; the continuation of mandatory overtime has me in a constant state of exhaustion, and over this past week I've not written a damn thing.  I swear, I try to think of ideas for anything and my brain just goes "SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP."  So rather than angst about this, I'll link you to DragonCon, because that's where I'll be this weekend.  ^_^

Seriously, though, I feel completely worn out and whatever was driving me to get some good writing done has crumbled beneath the continuous onslaught of ten-hour work days, so I need this vacation.  I'm hoping to come back refreshed and ready to get back to it, or at least just feeling human again thanks to six days of freedom.

On the plus side, all this overtime has paid for my new desk chair, which should be waiting for me upon my return.  I like how my OT pay means I can be more comfortable doing more OT.  But seriously, as much time as I spend at this desk, I should be in as good a chair as possible, and this one came highly recommended.

Anyway!  I'm heading out Thursday morning, with costumes for the convention and books for the flight there and coffee for my friend Paul who is not a morning person.  He's a night person, which is why we're not flying in until nearly 11PM on Monday.  Either it'll be a good way to end the trip or it'll prove I'm way too old for this.  :P

Next week: IWSG.

6 comments:

  1. I'm still sad I'm not going to DragonCon this year, but going to see the eclipse was absolutely worth it! Have fun, and behave badly at con!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, I don't know if I ever have behaved badly at a con. And I'm supposed to start now? :P

      Delete
  2. That's a fancy chair! I hope you have fun at DragonCon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The person who recommended it said it cleared up all her back problems, so hopefully it works for my shoulders. And yes, DragonCon is always a good time. ^_^

      Delete
  3. Yay for vacations! Sounds like you deserve (and need) it. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete